Why won't YouTube g...

Notifications
Clear all

Why won't YouTube give us profanity filters for comment areas?  

Daser
Topic starter
(@daser)

hello. Why won't YouTube give us profanity filters for comment areas? filtering it at my end via a browser filter does not keep trolls from using foul language on my Youtube comment section. I do a family cooking show and your suggestion would not keep the comment section clean of vulgar language.

2 Replies
tokyo
(@tokyo)

We know that profanity filters help create a more respectful, family-friendly, and inclusive internet experience. They’re not a foolproof protection against discrimination and offensive content. But they’re an integral part of content moderation. But sometimes its weird for me. So I found good way how to avoid it. Read https://chekkee.com/6-common-tricks-used-to-avoid-profanity-filters/

Daser
Topic starter
(@daser)

A profanity filter can be used as a first step for username moderation, and depending on the volume of users and a community’s internal resources, human moderators should also review the usernames as they pass through the profanity filter. This step can ensure the highest quality results but can also be resource-intensive.

Share: